Here are few simple steps involved in retrieving the details of location from where an E Mail has been sent.
To know the details in Gmail
1. Login to your GMail account.
2. Open the mail, which you want to trace .
3. In the right corner you can see Reply and an Arrow – Drop down list.
4. In that arrow list, Click on Show original.
5. Search for “Received from”. Search it with Browser Search (CTRL+F).
6. To find who has sent this message originally to you, you’ll have to search for the last “Received” phrase.
7. It will show the Computer Name and IP address.
8. To track the IP address: Use Geobyte IP Locator